Dear Members and Friends,
As 2019 draws to a close, the Jacksonville Arboretum Board of Directors wishes you a wonderful holiday season.
Thanks to your support last year, you helped complete some very impactful projects this year, including:
• The design and paving of the south lake loop, which was just completed last month, offering permanent compliance to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements to provide access to the pavilion area of the gardens
• The extension of the irrigation system beneath the area where the south loop paving project was completed, along with irrigation system mapping
• The installation of new signs along three miles of trails
• The initial design work for three new gardens for sponsorship in 2020
More importantly, with your help, we established three positions critical to the continued operations and maintenance of the trails and gardens, and to the long-term sustainability of the nonprofit organization:
• Our first full-time position for an executive director to handle fundraising and outreach
• A new part-time horticulturist position to actively work with the board and landscape architect on future gardens. This position will institute a formal maintenance program, and handle plant procurement, production and curation
• A part-time position to coordinate programs and volunteers support
In this season of giving, we invite you to consider supporting the Arboretum through your year-end giving. Your gifts will provide operating funds to ensure the ongoing beauty of the gardens and improvements for the future. The Arboretum is truly in a transition stage in its development, and your support is the most important need we have in 2020.
Your Arboretum can be an even better destination for recreation, education and relaxation, but we need your help!
You can donate here at: https://www.jacksonvillearboretum.org/support/ (please note “holiday appeal” as you donate)