Your Donation Matters
Your donation is vital — no matter the amount. By contributing to The Jacksonville Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, YOU are helping to:
– Plant thousands of flowers, shrubs and trees in our ever-changing landscapes and gardens
– Improve 3+ miles of hiking trails situated in 126 acres of protected forest
– Educate 140+ students per month in the greatest classroom of all — nature
– Inspire 5,000+ folks of all ages to explore topics in gardening, nature, health, the arts and more with our Discovering Nature Nearby program
When you join JA&BG or donate at the link below, you are also helping people from all walks of life connect to the natural world and re-discover themselves outdoors. The Arboretum is proud to provide this resource in our community, and as a direct supporter of our projects or programs, you can take pride, too. Thank you for helping us bring the Arboretum to everyone!
The Special Benefits of Donating Stock
When you donate stock, you provide crucial support for The Jacksonville Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, while also receiving additional tax benefits that you cannot receive with a cash gift.
Advantages of stock gifts to include:
– Income tax charitable deduction for the entire current value of the stock on the date it is donated (if you itemize, and subject to current IRS regulations).
– Deduction of the full current value of the stock that you donate, not the amount you originally paid for it.
– You will not have to pay any capital gains tax on the donated assets (if they have been held for more than one year).
You can make a larger gift at a lower cost. For these reasons, a gift of appreciated securities may be one of the best and most impactful ways for you to support us. Consult your financial planner for additional details.
How to Donate Stock
If you have publicly traded securities held electronically in a brokerage account, you can transfer them by wire. Please contact our office for transfer details (904)318-4342.
To arrange this transfer, notify your broker of your intention to make a gift of securities to The Jacksonville Arboretum & Botanical Gardens. Be sure to tell them the name of the stock that you want to transfer and the number of shares.
Also, please inform your broker of the following information about where to send the donated securities:
Tax ID #: 20-1061861
Prior to your transaction, please let us know of your intention to donate stock, so that we may alert our broker and ensure that your generosity is acknowledged accurately and promptly. Please include your name, complete mailing address, and the name and number of shares of the stock that you are donating. Upon confirming the asset transfer, we will provide you with a formal tax receipt of your contribution. In accordance with federal laws, the gift will be valued at the average of the high and low prices of the stock on the date that we receive it.
Support What You Love
Your unrestricted gift to The Jacksonville Arboretum & Botanical Garden’s Annual Fund helps support all of the Arboretum’s projects, programs and staff. You can also choose to direct your gift towards:
– Educational Programs with Discovering Nature Nearby
– Volunteer Programs
– Master Plan Fund
– And so much more!
Click the link below to donate to the Arboretum’s Annual Fund or to choose a specific program area to support. YOU have a real impact at the Arboretum every day.
Thank you, again!